whole 30 // week 4 review

Oh my goodness we're on DAY TWENTY-NINE!!!! Tomorrow we will complete our Whole 30 journey! I cannot believe that we have done this. I never thought I could go this long without some chocolate. Or cheese! I can honestly say that eating clean has become a habit for Zach and I, and we both feel so good. 

Week four went by so fast. It really has just become normal everyday life for us! I occasionally will think about a food that I really miss, but I know I don't need it. I feel like I've really mastered my cravings and I now have so much more self-control when it comes to food. I've been trying a lot harder to end this Whole 30 on a high note by avoiding the Larabars and by trying to add more variety to my daily diet. 

Here's what we've been eating this week:

Breakfasts: Still mostly eggs or some fruit! I noticed that Zach hadn't been having eggs in the morning before work and he said he just hadn't woken up in time to make them so I woke up early a few days this week to make them for him, which he really appreciated. In the past, I usually just had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and rarely made eggs. But now it's such a habit to just wake up and scramble some eggs, I think I'll definitely be keeping that up post-Whole 30. I might add some toast to go with it though ;)

Lunches: We had quite a few leftovers this week so we mostly stuck to that for lunches. Zach usually eats such large portions, I always have to remind him to save some for leftovers! But a few days ago he told me he feels that his stomach has shrunk because he gets full a lot faster now and can't eat nearly as much. And it definitely shows in the amount of leftovers we have now!

Dinners: I can honestly say that doing the Whole 30 has really developed in me a love for cooking and trying out new recipes. I've always enjoyed cooking, but I really consider it one of my hobbies now! There are just so much delicious looking recipes to try, I just want to cook it all!


Day 22: Spicy Chicken Nuggets + Sweet Potato Fries (These turned out really yummy and were super easy to make. The breading is just made out of an egg, almond meal, and a mixture of spices! I dipped them in guacamole and they were so good!)


Day 23: Sweet Potato Nachos + Steamed Broccoli (These were so delicious when I made them during week two, I couldn't help making them again! I got the "nachos" a bit more crispy this time and the meat recipe is super flavorful.)


Day 24: Teriyaki Chicken + Baked Potatoes + Steamed Zucchini (I've definitely gotten obsessed with teriyaki chicken. It just tastes so good and it's SUPER simple. It's a great quick week night meal for me to make when I'm not feeling up to making something fancy.)


Day 25: Lemon Basil Chicken + Greek Salad (Another super simple week night meal! Zach and I both agreed the Greek salad desperately needed some better dressing--we just drizzled olive oil and salt and pepper on top--but apart from that it was a nice change from the normal steamed veggies I make!)


Day 26: Chicken Curry Stir Fry + Sweet Potato Fries (I'm a huge curry lover. Zach? Not so much. So he wasn't a huge fan of this dish. But I LOVED it. It was really easy and tasted SO good. It would be amazing over some rice and with a little soy sauce drizzled on top. If you're a curry fan, you will love this.)

Day 27: Texas Roadhouse Steak + Baked Potato + Veggies (We didn't really know where we wanted to eat out this week, so we decided to just go back to Texas Roadhouse again since we liked it so much! I love the days when I get a little break from cooking!)


Day 28: Lettuce Wrap Tacos (These turned out great. The lettuce wraps made them feel really light so we ate a lot of them. Not gonna lie though. We REALLY have been missing our cheese and sour cream!)

We went grocery shopping on Saturday for this week's meals and since only Monday and Tuesday are Whole 30 days, we bought quite a few non-Whole 30 foods. Putting a loaf of bread in our cart felt a bit like cheating! Crazy! But at the same time it was really nice to not have to worry about checking the labels of everything. We've got a game plan for how we want to eat post-Whole 30, but we're definitely going to be celebrating the end of this accomplishment this week. Hopefully we don't go too overboard and make ourselves sick! Haha. 

Here's to the last two days of our Whole 30 journey! 

2 comments:

  1. you should send me these recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do a post this week with all of the links to our favorite recipes! I'll let you know when it goes up!

      Delete