apartment #3

Since Zach and I have lived in Austin, we've regularly passed this apartment complex. I always thought it looked so peaceful and pretty. So when we realized last month that we needed to move somewhere else (and quick!), this was the first place that came to my mind. Miraculously, it was in our price range and it had a few apartments available right away so we went and checked it out.

We fell in love with this apartment from the moment we walked in. The living area was much bigger and more open than our previous apartment and more than anything, it just felt a lot more like a home than just a little apartment. We also were very happy to learn that this complex had a "no smoking inside the apartments" policy, which is why we had to move in the first place. And overall, the complex just felt like a great big community and I personally felt a lot safer here than at our other place.

What really sold us the apartment though was that it had a garage attached! Not only is this super nice during these hot, Texas summers, but it's GREAT for storage. Zach and I had actually rented a storage unit a few months earlier, and between the large storage closet on our balcony and the storage space in the garage, we were able to get rid of the storage unit! 

It's pretty crazy how quickly this place has felt like home. I can't believe we've only lived here a month. Honestly, I rarely ever think about our old apartment. I just love it here so much! A few of my favorite things about this place:

- the openness of the living and dining areas
- our large peninsula in the kitchen
- the garage, and our private stairs down to it through the kitchen
- the window in the bathroom that provides lots of natural light
- our bedroom is much bigger
- the baby's bedroom has tons of natural light
- we have a real hallway from the front of the apartment to the back (we've never had that before!)
- all the storage
- our balcony is much larger than our other one
- a very peaceful, quiet community
- no smokers

Our apartment is on the second floor. Our garage is the one open on the left.


We really need to get a new chair or sofa for the living room. Probably will have to wait a few months though.





This is our view from our balcony. It doesn't look like much, but having all those trees means we rarely hear any cars or traffic. It's soo nice and quiet, which is a huge step up for us since our last apartment's view was a very busy street.

So who knows how long we'll be staying here. We're hoping at least a year or two. But we're already so much happier here than we were at our old place. We just feel so blessed that we were able to find this great place on such short notice. The Lord truly does answer prayers. 

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are filling me with an overwhelming need to come visit you!!!! The quiet, peacefulness of this place sounds like a dream!! And I LOVE all the art on your walls!! All of it! So beautiful!! And the plants! I feel like greenery makes houses always feel more homey! ...which makes me really upset that every plant I've ever touched has died hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Come visit!!! I'll keep posting pictures to entice you to come to Austin!! This complex seriously is the best though. It's mostly elderly people and young families who live here so you know it's good haha. And I've seriously become obsessed with plants! They just make me so happy! But yeah... I kill them too.. that's why like only two of my plants are real...

      Delete
  2. Yes!!! Old people are the best haha! They are so peaceful and quiet!!

    ReplyDelete