finley's nursery










Welcome to the tiniest room in the world. I absolutely love our new apartment, but easily the biggest drawback was losing space for the baby room. Our second bedroom in our other apartment was soo much bigger so when we moved in here last month, I had to adjust my design plan quite a bit to make it not feel so cluttered. On the plus side, this room gets way more natural light than the other room would have and the closet doors have huge mirrors on them so it makes the room look a lot bigger than it is. I still think it looks a little cluttered, but overall I'm really happy with how it's turned out!

For some reason, I have been very, very focused on buying gender neutral things throughout my pregnancy--especially when it comes to things that I know I'll be using for many years with multiple children. So when I started coming up with a color scheme for Finley's room, I knew I didn't want to make it overly girly so that if I had a boy at some point, I wouldn't have to go out and re-buy everything

So I chose very neutral colors to make it adaptable for either gender and added some more feminine touches with some florals and greenery. I had fun making the pillows, the "it's ok" banner, and bunting, and painting the letters for her name. I also saw on pinterest that you could use the Ikea Raskog cart as a diaper cart and I'm so glad that I decided to get it! I've stocked it up with everything I'll need to change Finley's diapers and it's really nice to just have all of those things on hand next to her changing pad. I especially love that it's on wheels so if I need to change her somewhere else in the apartment, I can move it really easily. 

One thing that was really important to Zach and I was that there was a picture of the temple in her room. We decided that we wanted to buy a nice temple picture for each of our kids to always hang in their rooms so that they'll learn the importance of the temple at an early age. I thought it would be fun to give them a picture of the temple that we live closest to at the time they're born, but I couldn't find a San Antonio print that I liked a lot. So I decided to get the Houston Temple since it's the temple we go to the most often right now besides San Antonio. I got it here and I absolutely love it!

There's still some things that I would like to change, but for the most part, it's exactly what I always envisioned! I just can't wait for little Finley to finally get here so I can start putting this room to good use! Four more weeks!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! Ahhh I love it all! You are such a great decorator, Katie! I'm so impressed. Now come help me decorate my house, ok?!! My faves are the white furniture, the compass sign, and the bunting. So cute! But I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! Ahhh I love it all! You are such a great decorator, Katie! I'm so impressed. Now come help me decorate my house, ok?!! My faves are the white furniture, the compass sign, and the bunting. So cute! But I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!!!! And so perfect!! Ahhhh! I can't believe it! It's almost baby time!! Hurrah!!!

    ReplyDelete