whole 30 // week 3 review

Another week has come and gone and we are now on day 22 of the Whole 30! Only 8 days left! I think this was the best time we could have possibly chosen to do the Whole 30 because we're both so busy right now that it's just flying by! We're definitely both starting to think about all the yummy foods we'll be getting to eat next week though (maybe a little bit too much...) and we're getting really excited to finish! Even though we haven't seen some of the AMAZING results you always hear about, we're just so proud of ourselves for really sticking with it! And we can feel that our eating habits have really started to change. 

This past week was honestly kind of a weird one for me. At this point, eating Whole 30 has really become a habit. It's something I don't even really think about anymore. The first two weeks I was meticulously writing down everything I ate and I was very focused on making great breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners. But this week, whether it's because it's becoming just the norm, or because I was SO busy getting baby stuff done, I got kinda lazy about everything! I ate way too many Larabars and my lunches were honestly pathetic haha. Like I said, I still completely stuck to Whole 30, but I didn't try nearly as hard as I should have. Oh well. My goal for this upcoming week is to really kick it into high gear again since it's our last full week! 

Here's what we've been eating:


Breakfasts: Still pretty much sticking to eggs. We did completely run out of them on Friday and because I was bound and determined to NOT make a mid-week grocery trip this week, we decided to make due without them for a couple days. What we came up with? Lots of fruit. Watermelon, oranges, bananas, blueberries--basically anything we had left over in our fridge. Not particularly filling, but if anything, it really made me start to appreciate eggs again! I had definitely started to get sick of them. 


Lunches: Like I said, lunches have been pretty pathetic on my part. Zach's always good at eating whatever leftovers we have or making himself a salad when he comes home for lunch. For me, I pretty much stuck to either sweet potato fries or bananas this week. I've become absolutely addicted to bananas. It's just so crazy how something I barely tolerated in the past has easily become one of my favorite foods in just a few short weeks! Anyways, I'm determined to make this upcoming week a much better week for lunches. 

Dinners: Definitely got pretty lazy with dinners this week too. I've just been so tired that the last thing I've wanted to do is cook a big dinner! But I pushed myself and the majority of our dinners turned out pretty good this week.

Day 15: Egg + Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole (Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it. This turned out pretty good! Zach actually loved it! I think the only thing that would have made it better would have been a bit more seasoning and if I had used whole eggs instead of just egg whites like the recipe called for.)


Day 16: Teriyaki Chicken + Steamed Zucchini (This turned out way better than last week's teriyaki chicken. We, again, used Coconut Secret's teriyaki sauce and it turned out way better with the chicken cut up in bite size pieces. Just needed some rice to go with it!)


Day 17: Bacon Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries + Guacamole (These were super yummy! I really liked having the bacon mixed into the beef so that every bite had a bit of bacon in it. Zach was SUPER excited to realize the mustard we had in the fridge was Whole 30 approved, so he enjoyed them a lot more than he would have otherwise haha.)


Day 18: Buffalo Chicken Sliders + Steamed Zucchini (Can you tell we really like steamed zucchini?? Haha. Again, we absolutely love these. I think we'll be holding off on them this week though. I'm starting to get a little tired of them!)

Day 19: Texas Roadhouse Steak + Baked Potatoes + Veggies (Our friends who now live in the Dallas area came through Austin on their way to San Antonio on Friday night and we went out to dinner with them. It was super fun and the steak was SO GOOD. It sure was hard to see them devouring all of the delicious rolls and honey butter though...)


Day 20: Chicken "Burrito Bowls" (I love making these because they're super quick and easy and taste great. You just gotta load up on the guacamole!!)


Day 21: Pot Roast w/ Potatoes + Carrots (This was so delicious last time, I couldn't help making it again. Seriously, I've never enjoyed pot roast so much in my entire life!! What the heck!)

Snacks: Like I said, I've eaten WAY too many Larabars (and bananas) this week. While these are both much better snack options than I've chosen in the past, I'm still not super proud of myself for it. I originally bought the Larabars as an easy thing to grab if I really needed to eat something quick. But I keep finding myself choosing them over some cut up fruits or vegetables time and time again. It's basically no different than me grabbing granola bars and Pop Tarts and Rice Krispie Treats as snacks all the time. And I don't want to go back to doing that once the Whole 30 is over. And bananas aren't much of a better option either because, they're basically nature's "pre-packaged" food! It takes no time or preparation to eat a banana. You just grab it and eat it. So I'm going to force myself to take a little extra time for my snacks this week too.

As far as results go, Zach has definitely seen more results than me. We've both lost a decent amount of weight, but Zach's the one who's really experienced that increased amount of energy everyone talks about. I can tell he feels really good about himself and I know he wants to, for the most part, continue eating this way even after the Whole 30. As for me, well... I'm 35 weeks pregnant haha. And this past week it's really, REALLY hit me hard physically. I'm just so tired all the time. And I'm constantly aching or having to pee (or both haha). But I do feel that the Whole 30 has been very good for me to do even now. It's really helped me to get a handle on my cravings and I have no swelling whatsoever. And I definitely won't be gaining too much weight with this pregnancy, which is something I never thought I'd be able to do. So even though I'm not feeling like jumping up and down right now, at least I know there's a VERY good reason for it haha. 

On to week four!! Eekkk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment