"it's ok" // homemade banner



Some time last summer I came across a shop called Secret Holiday Co. I instantly fell in love with their "affirmation banners," and particularly with the one that said "It's OK." I loved the simplicity, the style, and most importantly, the message. I knew that I wanted to have this banner in my home someday.

But, as much as I love this company and their products, I was not willing to pay the $70 for just one banner. So I decided to make my own version! I've been planning on making it for months and months and decided that this was the week when I would finally get it done! It was super easy and it only cost about $10 to $15 to make. MUCH better than $70 I'd say!!

I'm so excited to hang this in our baby's room. "It's OK" is a phrase I know I'll be saying over and over again as a mother and I hope it brings some comfort to my child as they get older and understand what the words mean. I know it'll definitely give me some comfort too as I go about the first few months of taking care of our baby. I'm probably going to be so nervous and stressed about everything for a while, but I hope I'll be able to look at this banner and know that it's all going to be OK. 

Maybe I'm trying to make this banner a bigger deal than it really is haha. But all in all it was a fun and easy project and I'm really glad I got out of my comfort zone and broke in my new sewing machine. I'll definitely be making more things for our little one as soon as we find out what we're having next week!! So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment