april happenings













Is it just me, or does it feel like 2015 is flying by already?! I cannot believe we're already nearing the end of April. Summer will be in full swing before we know it!! This month has been great so far, especially because I'm in the middle of my second trimester now and feeling good (huzzah!). Here's a little taste of what we've been up to. 


1 // Easter & General Conference

We were able to spend General Conference and the Easter holiday with my parents at the beginning of the month and it was so much fun. We love getting little weekend breaks from our life in Austin by heading over to Houston and spending some time with family. Most of the weekend was pretty much spent watching conference (I love conference, but it totally eats up your weekend!), but we also had a nice Easter feast on Sunday and Zach was able to get Monday and Tuesday off of work which was really nice. We went shopping and to the Astros game against the Cleveland Indians on Monday and were able to do a session in the Houston temple on Tuesday before we headed back home. Such a great trip!

2 // Baby Registry

As someone who deals with pretty bad anxiety, planning and figuring out everything we need for our baby has been super stressful for me! There are just so many different brands to choose from and a lot of it honestly seems so unnecessary. It took a little while to weed through everything, but we finally decided on what products we'll be buying for our baby and I've got almost everything all registered for. The month of May will definitely be the month when we start making some of the big purchases like nursery furniture. So exciting!! And I'm just so happy I don't have to do any more product comparisons...not fun. 

3 // Clearing Out the Smoke Smell

In January we started noticing a smoky smell in our apartment coming from the neighbors who live below us. We tried getting air fresheners and lighting candles to kind of mask the smell, but when I started smelling it on my clothes when I was out of the apartment, I knew we needed to start taking care of it. I didn't like the idea of bringing a baby home to a smoky place! We considered moving to a different complex for a while, but decided to see if maintenance could do anything about it first. They said they could do an ozone shock treatment to eliminate the smell completely so we had them do that last week and so far it's been a lot better! We really would prefer not to move this summer so unless the smell comes back, we'll be able to stay where we're at for another year or so. 

4 // Crazy Cravings

The past couple weeks I've totally been hit with a new level of hunger! From Five Guys to Cafe Rio to Apple Pie to Mac n' Cheese, the cravings have been frequent and strong! Zach's pretty much learned that if a certain food sounds really good, we'll be having that for dinner within the next couple days haha. 

5 // Ghetto Austin

Just in the last week or so we've noticed so much scary stuff happening in our area! One day I was in the bedroom when I started hearing some very angry yelling. I could tell it was coming from outside, so I peeked through the blinds to see what was going on. A man and a woman were screaming at each other on the sidewalk next to our building. I don't really know what was going on, but I was so scared he was going to beat her up! Scary! Thankfully they ended going their separate ways and no one got hurt. Then just a few nights ago, we heard our upstairs neighbors screaming at the top of their lungs at each other! If they hadn't been speaking Spanish, we would have been able to understand every word. It lasted for about 45 minutes and there was a lot of crying and banging sounds so Zach eventually decided to call the police. We don't know what happened in the end, but again, scary! Another reason why we sometimes think about moving...

6 // DIY

I'm not sure why, maybe it's nesting, maybe it's spring cleaning, but I've really gotten into DIY and redecorating recently. I keep looking around the house and finding little things I want to fix up or change around. I've completely changed our kitchen color scheme in the last week and have been obsessed with spray painting everything copper (thanks a lot pinterest!). And I've totally caught the sewing bug since making my banner for the baby's room. I can't wait to find out the baby's gender so I can focus all of this creativity into a cute nursery for him/her. 


So that's pretty much what we've been up to! I gotta say it's been hard waiting all month long to find out what we're having, but finally we're going to find out this Thursday! Still thinking it's a boy! Stay tuned for our little gender reveal!




No comments:

Post a Comment