best foundation // l'oreal infallible pro-matte



For the past month or two I've really been struggling with my foundation routine. With pregnancy has come all new skin issues like I've never dealt with before--who knew your skin could be oily and dry all at the same time! And of course my good old friend, Acne, came back for a nice visit. Ugh. I kept finding that all of my current foundations were either too hydrating or not hydrating enough or not the right color for my super pale skin (thanks winter). I spent way too much time sitting in front of my mirror trying to decide what foundation to use, usually ending in me going bare faced. I knew it was time for something new. 

I did a little research and I came across some good reviews of the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24 hour foundation. People had said that it kept your skin matte all day, without drying it out, which is exactly what I needed. I also was happy it was just from the drugstore since with everything we need to get for baby, I was not about to fork out $50 bucks for some makeup. Nope. 

So about a week and a half ago I went to Target and picked this bad boy up in the lightest shade possible (I always do this and it still usually ends up being too dark #palepeopleproblems). I tried it the next day, blending it in with my buffing brush and I was instantly amazed. I only had to use the tiniest amount on each section of my face and it matched my skin tone PERFECTLY. That never, ever happens. Especially from the drugstore. It was so easy to blend and the rest of my makeup sat seamlessly on top of it. 

Later on in the day, I couldn't stop rubbing my cheeks because I was so amazed at how light it felt. I didn't feel caked at all. I also kept checking myself in the mirror every few hours to see how it was holding up. After wearing it for nearly 10 hours, it looked exactly the same. I was sold. 

The final test for me was this past Monday when I had a long day out and about. We were in Houston and Zach and I went to the mall for a few hours and it was HOT outside. Like 90 degrees in Houston humidity hot. This would usually be a day when my makeup would separate and smear. It didn't. It looked perfect. Then later that evening we all went to the Astros game for opening day. It was still pretty hot out and and we had to stand in line in the hot sun for a long time. I got home that night and it was still perfect. 

This is the best foundation I have ever used. Ever. So I felt like I needed to rant about it to the world haha. Because I've certainly already ranted about it to anyone near me! Poor Zach had to listen to a 10 minute soliloquy about this foundation the other night. He puts up with me like a champ haha.

Anyways, so if you're on the hunt for an inexpensive best foundation ever, this is it. Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment