Our Little Secret



We are absolutely thrilled to announce that this September Zach and I are going to be having a baby! We are so so so excited to become parents and to bring our little one into the world. We found out we were expecting on December 23rd and, boy, it was hard not to tell all of our family at Christmas time (especially Zach's parents who have been itching to become grandparents for a while now--this will be their first grandchild!). There were so many times when I just wanted to blurt it out, but we decided not to tell anyone until I was a bit further along, which I'm glad we did. But you better believe Zach and I couldn't help winking at each other a lot during the holidays!

Baby at 6 weeks
I went in for my first ultrasound on January 15th thinking I was about 8 weeks along. But when we took a look at it, we realized that I was actually only 6 weeks. I was definitely bummed about not being as far along as I thought I was and we didn't really get to see much besides a tiny speck on the ultrasound. But I was glad to know that there actually was something growing in there and that we really were going to have a baby!

Baby at 12 weeks
We then had to wait a long 6 weeks before my next ultrasound which was on February 26th. It was long because not only was the dreaded nausea kicking in, but I also developed a terrible cold (and got Zach sick too)! All that yuckiness put together meant I didn't spend a lot of time out of the house, or even out of bed all that much. Bleh. Finally I had my next ultrasound and man it was a night and day difference from the first one! Our baby actually looked like a baby and I got to hear the tiny heartbeat. It really made it all feel so real for the first time. It just looked so alive as I watched it jump around and rub its little face with its tiny hands. I just loved having that reassurance that everything was going well and that our baby was actually growing and thriving inside my tummy. I cannot express to you how amazing it is to know that there's this little thing hanging out in there and that we'll get to officially meet little him/her in just a few short months!!

Well, we are both just so excited for this grand adventure we have embarked on! The official due date is September 9th!! Zach is so cute about it all and makes a point of kissing my tummy and saying hi to the baby everyday. It's too adorable. I'm just so glad I'll be having this guy at my side throughout this whole process of bringing our child into the world! This is all such a dream come true for us and neither of us can believe that this is really happening. We're going to be parents! Eek!! Thanks for all your love and support! 

Love,
The Athans Family
(All three of us!)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, don't get creeped out, but I'm just laying here staring at this perfect little picture of your little baby!!! And I just love them already! I cannot believe there is a tiny little Zatie human in your womb! It's so magical and wonderful, and I love you guys so much!! All three of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww all three of us love all three of you too!! Too much! Ahh I need to see your child before he's all grown up!!!

      Delete