G is for Gingerbread

Brrrrr! It sure has been cold up here in Rexburg lately! This mini blizzard hit the area early Tuesday morning and it's been crazy cold since then! Our entire area even lost power Wednesday morning and we had school and work cancelled! That's unheard of in Rexburg! Living in Texas for every winter since I was 15 has certainly spoiled me. I'm a total wimp with the snow! I guess we better get used to it though since we'll be here until at least April (aside from a much needed Christmas break down in my hometown of Houston in just two weeks! So excited!). I'm just glad that I have Zach here to keep me warm! 

So we finally we were able to get back on track with our ABC dates last night! Here's a recap of what we've done so far:

A: Art Gallery & Applebee's
B: BLT's, Brownies, & Batman
C: Costume Shopping & The Cocoa Bean
D: Serving the Dead in the temple & Dairy Queen
E: We got Excited about Halloween by carving pumpkins
F: Favorite Things Night

So last night was our "G" date and it was my turn to plan. It seems like it is the perfect time of year for this letter (which I'm really happy about since our last couple date nights have been kinda lame haha). The first thing that we did was make a little Gingerbread village together! We got this cute set for only $8.00 at Walmart! Neither of us had made a gingerbread house in a long time so we were a little rusty when it came to the assembly haha. But once we got our little houses built, we had fun decorating them together!






I think they ended up looking super cute! (I gotta say I think the front one on the right is my favorite!) And they sure do make our house look more festive! I just love being able to use some imagination and creativity once in a while! 

Our next activity was to play "The Game of Life!" Zach's always trying to get me to play board games with him, but I'm usually really bad at them, so I don't like to play haha (yes, I'm a sore loser!). But we had a lot of fun playing! I think I'm finally starting to warm up to games...






Especially because...


I won! Haha I was stoked.
Then we got all snuggly on the couch and started watching "The Grinch." It was fun for like 15 minutes and then we got bored and switched to Modern Family. Haha at least we tried! All in all, it was a great night! I love being able to do something different once in a while with my husband! It's the little things that really keep our marriage happy and strong. We hope everyone is having a happy holiday season and keeping warm!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment