Finley's Second Birthday


























We have a two year old? What?? 

Today we celebrated Finley's second birthday at my parent's house. Zach's side of the family was planning on being there, but it ended up just being my parents and Jordan and Nelly due to Hurricane Harvey. I shouldn't complain though because we were very, very blessed compared to so many people here in Houston!! And we will still see them all in a few weeks!

Finley loved being at Grandma's house and especially loved following Uncle Jordan around. We watched lots of her favorite movies (the old version of The Parent Trap, Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, and, of course, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) and I made some of her favorite foods for dinner (Chicken Taquitos, Caesar Salad, and Corn). 

I decided on a Willy Wonka themed party since we've watched it with her about 100 times this past year! She calls the movie "Kah" and sings along with the Oompa Loompas saying "Ooba, ooba." She was really excited about her Wonka Bar cake that I made for her and I'm actually really proud of myself for attempting my first fondant cake! 

She wasn't super interested in opening her presents. She just wanted to wear her new sunglasses and eat her cake! Her biggest gift from Zach and I was an electric keyboard! She loves playing the piano when we're at our parent's house and so we thought about getting her a little toddler piano, but decided that we could get her a nice keyboard that can grow with her over the years for just a little bit extra money. She was so excited when she unwrapped it and immediately tried to play from just the picture on the box! 

We sure do love our Finners and genuinely cannot remember life without her! Zach and I were just talking a few days ago about how we've literally had her for almost exactly half our marriage already! She has filled our life with so much joy and are grateful for her every single day.

Happy Birthday, Finley! We love you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment