treat yo self





Today I just had one of those days where I really just wanted to feel pretty, more like myself, and not... well... huge. 

And frumpy. 

I started my pregnancy off at a much higher weight than I wanted to and, although I think I've done a really great job of watching my weight throughout my pregnancy, it's still really difficult to look at the scale or the mirror and think about how much more weight I'm going to gain over the next two months or so and then how hard I'm going to have to work to lose it all. And it doesn't help when random strangers make comments about how I look like I'm carrying twins!! Ugh.

I know all pregnant women go through this. It's difficult to watch your body change so drastically over so little time. I think one of the things I've said over and over again throughout this pregnancy is how badly I want my old body back! And I have a lot of hope and confidence that I will be able to get it back to some degree.

But for now, I continue to gain weight. I continue to swell. I continue to waddle. I continue to lose energy.

All for my daughter. Who I love soooo much. And would do anything for. 

And that makes it all worth it.

But today, I wanted it to be about me. I wanted to wear something that wasn't that old pair of basketball shorts I've worn everyday for weeks. I wanted to put that outrageous shade of pink lipstick on and make ridiculous pouty faces. I wanted to pamper myself. I wanted to set aside my neverending list of to-do's for baby. I wanted to feel like my old self again. I wanted to feel pretty. I wanted to feel fancy. I wanted to treat myself. 

Because as important as it is for me to put my all into this pregnancy and this baby, it doesn't really work all that well if I'm not happy with myself, whether on the outside or the inside.

So sometimes you need to take a break. And treat yo self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment