Valentine






Zach and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day together this year--especially because my parents and my brother decided to come out to Austin for a little trip! On Friday night, we met them at Red Robin for a yummy dinner and went back to our house for some Valentine's cake that I made! I tried really hard to make the frosting look super smooth, but alas it didn't really work out. But I was really proud of myself for attempting that tricky ombré! 

The next day we went miniature golfing, shopping at the outlets, checked out the famous Round Rock Donuts, and had a fun Valentine's lunch at Red Lobster. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun despite us all getting super tired from being out in the sun all day. We exchanged our Valentine's gifts earlier in the day and Zach spoiled me with flowers, chocolates, and a nice, new pillow for me since I've been having some trouble sleeping lately! I surprised Zach with some candy, new socks, and some fun personalized mugs for him to drink his nightly peppermint tea in (he is literally addicted to it!). 

Unfortunately, I've had THE WORST cold for the past couple weeks and I almost told my family not to come this weekend! But I'm so glad that I was feeling well enough to do lots of fun things and to spend time with family. I love having people visit us here in Austin :)

I'm so grateful that I have Zach as my Valentine. He is so sweet and kind and loving with me and I'm so glad we chose each other for eternity almost a whole year and a half ago!! (Crazy!) Hope you all had as great a Valentine's as we did! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, the only thing I didn't get that I wanted to for valentines day was those conversation hearts! I couldn't find them anywhere!!

    The sun and warm sounds soooo nice... :)

    Happy Valentines Katie:)

    ReplyDelete