Pumpkin Soup for the Body & Soul






Ahhh Pumpkin Soup... or Pumpkin Coconut Bisque to be exact! This soup was exactly what the doctor ordered on this cloudy fall day here in Austin. I found this recipe about a year and a half ago on Simply So Good and it has since then become a staple in my growing repertoire of things I can actually sort of cook! 

Paired with a sage & gruyere crostini, it is simply divine. The crunchiness of the crostini is a wonderful contrast to the velvety creaminess of the bisque. You can find the recipe here!

Two words of advice regarding this recipe:

ONE: Definitely use the red pepper flakes! The first time I made this, I chose not to use them simply because I didn't have them on hand, and because the recipe stated they were optional. What I found was that without the red pepper flakes, the soup came out a bit bland and didn't warm you up like a good fall soup should. 

TWO: Make twice as many crostini as you think you'll need!!! Trust me, you'll be sad you didn't have more!


I also just wanted to add a quick bit about the book that I've been reading: "Bringing Up Bébé" by Pamela Druckerman. If you're a mom, or a soon-to-be mom, you've probably either read or heard of this amazing book! It's about an American woman who lives in Paris with her husband and baby girl. There, she discovers how differently French women parent their children as opposed to American or British parents. In this book, she describes how she went about discovering these Parisian parenting tips and imparts her newfound wisdom. 

Now, I'm not a mother, and I won't be any time soon! But I've always been fascinated by different parenting philosophies, having minored in Marriage & Family Studies in college. This book is not only informative, but very funny! It reads more as a memoir than your traditional Parenting How-To book. If you've read this book, I'd love to hear what you thought about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment