BASTILLE






Last night, I had the absolute pleasure of seeing my favorite band of all time, Bastille. I first discovered Bastille for myself almost two years ago, just before they came out with their first album, "Bad Blood." I remember hearing their song, "Sleepsong," for the first time and falling in love instantly. I love how eclectic their sound is. There are no two songs that sound alike. And I also love how Dan, the lead singer, chooses to write songs about films, history, mythology, and literature as opposed to the regular old love songs (which I also love!). He really is just brilliant. It's just not often when you find a band or artist where every single song is absolute perfection. At least that's how I feel anyway!

The concert was simply amazing. I was so happy to find that Dan Smith's voice is just as pure and strong live as it is on their tracks. The lighting was spectacular and the crowd was pumped up and had a great vibe. The whole show was straight up sexy. There's no other word to describe it! I was a little gutted we weren't a bit closer to the stage, but for the most part, I was just giddy to be there, with my husband, in the same room as some of my idols, singing along to every single song by my favorite band.

Oh Bastille... How I love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment