Grandpa Haws


Back in November, my grandmother passed away. It was a huge shock to my entire family and we all have missed her very much. However, nobody missed her as much as my grandpa. Well, most of you have probably heard by now that a few weeks ago he passed away into the next life to be with her again after only four months apart. My grandpa, Travis Glenn Haws, was a very interesting man. He was very smart, very funny, very outgoing, and he loved above all else to serve the Lord. On April 4th, Zach and I travelled down to Salt Lake to attend the funeral. Funny stories were shared, testimonies born, and gratitude for the life he lived and the example he gave to each and every one of us were expressed. The spirit was overwhelmingly strong throughout the service and even more so at the cemetery as we laid his body to rest until the resurrection.

Just as with my grandma's funeral, I was able to learn so much about my grandpa that I had not known before. I had no idea that he was so well educated and that he had worked and taught in so many schools, colleges, and universities. I did not know about the experiences he had while traveling in the Holy Land many years ago. I did not know how much he loved acting and that he had been involved in his school plays. This past weekend, my parents gave me a copy of my grandpa's life history and I am so excited to continue to learn more about the man my grandpa was and is in the coming weeks as I read about his life in his own words. 
 
Although I am sad and I will miss my grandpa for the rest of my time here on earth, I can be happy knowing that my grandpa is rejoicing. He no longer has aches and pains. He is now reunited with all of his loved ones: his parents, close friends and family members, and, of course, his wife, JoAnn. I know that I will see both of my grandparents again someday and I know that they will always be with me as I go throughout my life. I am so grateful for the examples of love and service they set for me and that I have the opportunity to follow their examples throughout my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment