ABC Dates

Zach and I have always had a hard time coming up with fun dates. It seems like every friday night we just end up sitting on the couch watching a movie... Which isn't always so bad! Netflix and Hulu are our best couple friends! While we were dating and engaged, I didn't mind our little movie dates at all. We usually only got to see each other at night so when I got to see Zach, all I wanted to do was be with him--it didn't matter what we did. But now that we're married and we see each other all the time, we both feel that it's important to go on real dates that are a little more special.

We decided that every friday night was date night and that we'd take turns planning our dates. When it was my turn to plan, I wracked my brain for something really fun to do. Naturally, I was drawn to Pinterest where I found the idea for abc dates! What we do is start with the letter "A" and plan a whole date around that letter. We continue to take turns each week as we make our way through the whole alphabet! I really liked this idea because sometimes I have no idea what we're going to do, but having the letter theme gives me a nice starting point. We've now done this for three weeks in a row and it's been so great! 

The first week was my turn and it was, of course, letter "A." So we went to the Art Gallery on campus and then to Applebee's for dinner. The next week was "B" and it was Zach's turn to plan. He went all out! First, we had BLT's for dinner and made Brownies for dessert. Then we went to the Dollar Tree and bought three things for each other all starting with the letter B. I got Zach Butterfingers, a Back scratcher, and Bubble Wrap (I mean seriously.. who doesn't love bubble wrap haha). Zach got me a Barbie puzzle, teddy Bear cookies, and a Bobble head toy. So fun! We then finished the evening by watching Batman. 

So last night it was my turn again with the letter "C." I had so many fun ideas for this week and this is what we ended up doing:


First we went to the thrift store to figure out/find Costumes for Halloween! We decided for sure what we're going to be and I'm sooo excited!! (But I want it to be a surprise so no pictures yet!)


 Then we had Chicken Nuggets for dinner and went to the Cocoa Bean for dessert where I got a Carrot Cake Cupcake and Zach got the Caramel Apple Cider (that's some serious dedication to the letter "C" I think!). Then we went home, got all Cozy and Colored together :)




-I colored a pretty mandala I found online and Zach colored a page from his Justice League coloring book. 



It was so much fun! I love our snuggly tv/movie time for sure, but it's so nice to have something special to do every week with my hubby. Can't wait till next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment