Austin Day Trip


























A few months ago, I bought tickets for The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses concert in Austin, so Zach decided to take the day off so we could make a whole fun day out of it! My parents were so nice to babysit Finley for us, and it was fun to pretend we were newlyweds again. 

We drove to Austin early in the morning and started the day at the state capitol building. Since we're super kind of lazy, we'd never made an effort to check it out when we lived in Austin. The architecture was absolutely beautiful and it really made me proud to be a Texan! We definitely plan on going again sometime to take the full tour since we were short on time this trip. 

We then headed up to Pflugerville, where we used to attend church, and grabbed some P. Terry's on the way! P. Terry's is a local burger chain and it is SO good. And when we saw that they had Cookie Butter Shakes we were so excited! Amazing!

We took a little trip down memory lane driving past the two apartment complexes we had lived in while in Austin. It's been about 9 months since we moved and it was our first time going back. We miss it so much! But, of course, we're also glad to be here in Houston so close to family! We then saw the new Spider-Man movie (LOVED it!!), went to P. F. Chang's for dinner, and then headed downtown again for the concert. 

I know it's super nerdy and a lot of people probably think it's weird or lame, but I just gotta say... I really love Zelda. 

I honestly don't remember life before I was playing Zelda games. It's something that's always been there and continues to grow with me throughout my life. I'm really not a big gamer at all, but there's just something about The Legend of Zelda that just makes me really happy. And one of the biggest reasons why I love these games so much is the music. It was so much fun to hear all of the amazing songs I've grown up with performed live, and so beautifully too! I couldn't stop smiling the entire time! Zach was a trooper for letting us go to this since he's not a big Zelda fan, but he ended up loving it too. Thanks Zachary!!

The next morning we woke up early, drove across my favorite Pennybacker bridge and through the beautiful hill country along Capital of Texas Highway, and headed downtown one last time to get some Voodoo Doughnuts. You can't go to Austin without getting some doughnuts. My M&M covered doughnut was literally one of the best doughnuts I've ever had. 

Then we finally headed back home to pick up Miss Finley. It sure was a fun little trip and a super exciting day since shortly after the concert we found out our new baby nephew, Peter, was born! (Congratulations, Ashley and Andrew!!!!)


So, till next time, ATX! Love and miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Makes me want to play Zelda really bad right now. Do we still have those old games somewhere or did we sell them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all gone. The N64 died back when I was in high school and we got rid of it. I mostly just play the new ones now although I do own Ocarina of Time on the Wii virtual console. I try to play Ocarina at least once every few years still.

      Delete