gourdough's












This past Monday Zach took the day off (thank you HP paternity leave!) and we decided to finally get our butts downtown and try out the famous Gourdough's Donuts! I've been begging Zach to go there with me ever since we moved to Austin, but he's such a stinker about going downtown. But finally he caved! Woohoo! Haha I think we both really wanted to celebrate the end of our January Whole 30 with something really special. And boy, were these donuts special!

Gourdough's is known for they're completely insane donuts! They have so many amazing flavors that literally have mountains of toppings. They're so big, you have to eat them with a fork and knife! It was so hard to choose which donuts we were going to get, but Zach decided on the "Granny's Pie" which was topped with caramel, pecans, bananas, and graham crackers. Zach let me have a little taste of his and it was amazing. I decided on the "Flying Pig" since that's one of their more popular flavors. This was a maple bacon donut with seriously a whole mound of bacon on top! It was overwhelmingly delicious. Honestly, though I probably wouldn't get that one again. It was a bit too much! I could only eat half of it while we were there and barely finished it hours later haha. 

All in all, it was a fun to get out and enjoy the sunshine while eating some amazing donuts. If you ever want to visit us here in Austin, we'll be sure to take you there! 

1 comment:

  1. Gourdough's is AMAZING but totally overwhelming. I never get my own because it's SO much. My fave is ODB: Cream Filled Doughnut Holes With Icing Rolled In Coconut. So good. I'm planning on taking my sister there next weekend.

    ReplyDelete