whole 30 round 3 // halfway point



Hello everyone! I know I've been absolutely terrible about updating on our Whole 30 experience this January, but hey, I've got a 4 month old (and a 25 year old) to take care of! Definitely don't have as much time on my hands as I used to. But seeing as we are now on Day 15 and have officially reached the halfway point, I thought I'd do just a little update on our progress this time around. 

So far, this Whole 30 has been pretty easy for us. We still have a lot of cravings everyday and talk about how wonderful pizza sounds all the time. But we haven't slipped up at all and are happy to start seeing some of the effects of living a healthier lifestyle again (aka better skin, less bloating, etc.) For me, I haven't really experienced an increase in energy quite yet, but I'm chalking that up to waking up around 5:30 everyday with Finley haha. 

We've continued to enjoy some of our favorite Whole 30 meals like Almond Flour Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries, Paleo Nachos, and Teriyaki Chicken, but thanks to some of the new kitchen appliances I received for Christmas, we've also discovered some new favorites: Zoodles (zucchini noodles), Sausage, Egg, and Spinach Quiche, and Sweet Potato Hash Browns among others! It's really amazing how delicious healthy food can taste if you just get a little creative in the kitchen. Let me know if you'd like a copy of any of these recipes! I would eat any of these whether on Whole 30 or not!

So two weeks down, two weeks to go! Now that we've reached the halfway point, I'm confident that we'll be able to finish again. I absolutely love the Whole 30! It's completely changed my life and my relationship with food. I have so much more confidence in myself and what I can achieve. It's an incredible feeling. If you're ever interested in doing a Whole 30, I'd love to chat with you!

Here's to 15 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment