Secret Post From Zach

The other night I started writing in my journal about Finley.  The ideas naturally flowed to her mother, her great caregiver.  I went on and on about her.  And now if the blogging world will indulge me for a bit, I would like to do the same.  

Katelyn Elizabeth Athans, is everything I could every want in a companion and so much more.  Words truly cannot describe the way that I feel about her.  Though I will try.  Katie makes me a better man every day.  One of those reasons is because I get to serve her every single day.  I truly do not mind doing the dishes, giving her a massage, getting her water etc when I know that she will directly benefit from it. I get more joy from making her life easier than I do from playing video games or getting a massage of my own.  I feel that is because I need to pay her back somehow someway for what she is helping me become.  I am a better man each day because of her and her sweet spirit in my life.  

I have never known anyone in my life quite like Katie.  When Katie gets focused on something, be it: makeup, party planning, child preparation etc., she learns all that she can.  I can be a very rash person, I get an idea in my head and once I decide that it is a good one, I go for it full steam ahead.  Then there is Katie.  She will google things till Google loses money on her from all her searching, till she knows everything she needs to know about her topic to make an informed decision.  Then she follows through.  I wish you could see her follow through.  Her computer screen has so many digital sticky notes for her plans of attack.  Her true desires occur because she plans that well.

I am a nerd by hobby.  I love everything Superman, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Survivor, Marvel, DC, HP, etc.  The people I dated prior to Katie, I would say tolerated my nerdiness.  I knew Katie was the right one because she could not only tolerate it but she would let me foster it in a healthy way.  She lets me continue my nerdiness even in my older years.  She takes a genuine interest in them which makes me happy.

Finally, it has been amazing to watch her transform from an amazing wife and homemaker into an AMAZING WIFE, HOMEMAKER AND MOTHER!!!!! I saw her strength as she delivered our child, strength I know I do not have.  I watched her fearlessness as she began to take care of our precious Finley.  She was worried about taking care of a newborn but she is amazing at it.  she has grown into the role.  She spent 9 months growing a child but she also spent 9 months in preparation to bare that child.  She wanted to be the best mother that she could be so she devoted herself to learning what she needed to learn.  She has taught me what I needed to learn in how to take of Finley.  

I know that families are ordained of God.  I know that as the Bible teaches that it is not good for man to be alone and that is why he saved his best creation for last, the woman.   I am blessed to have a woman in my life that I get to call my best friend, my companion, the mother of my children and my wife.  I know that our marriage can be perpetuated throughout eternity because we were married in a holy temple of God through the Power of the Priesthood.  God be thanked for the Priesthood on the earth.  How grateful I am that the atonement of Jesus Christ allows life to continue after death and that Katie and I can be together forever with our Finley (and future children) and our progenitors and descendants. God be thanked for Katelyn Elizabeth Athans

I love you

Zachary D. Athans


No comments:

Post a Comment