To My Best Friend




Dear Zach,

I love you so much. Did you know? 
You are seriously my best friend in the whole entire world
and I couldn't imagine spending my life, my eternity with anyone
other than you.
You are the only person I can be one hundred, one thousand percent honest with
and one hundred, one thousand percent myself with.

You know all of my struggles and all of my pains.
You definitely know all my flaws and all my weaknesses.
But despite all of that, 
you still treat me like a princess. Like a queen.
You look at me like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world
even when I feel like the most hideous monster.
You provide for me, you take care of me,
you serve me
quietly and without complaint.

You also know all of my happiness and all of my triumphs in life--
and you are a large part of those triumphs.
You walk beside me and behind me throughout
all of life's difficulties
pushing me to do my best and to be my best.
You are my biggest cheerleader.
Everyday you set an amazing example for me
of faith.
of courage.
of strength.
of obedience.
of love.
of quiet, consistent service
and friendship.

I'm so glad that we chose to go through this journey called life together.
I'm so glad I never have to be without you for the rest of my existence.
I'm so glad you walked into my apartment that day
and showed me what I'd been missing in my life.

You are everything I ever wanted in a husband
and you are everything I never knew I wanted too.
This truly is what marriage is supposed to be.

Thank you for marrying me.
Thank you for being my best friend.
Thank you for being so nice to me.
Thank you for putting up with me on those rough days.
Thank you for jumping around like a weirdo with me on those amazing days.
Thank you for believing in me.
Thank you for being nice to me.
And most of all,
thank you for loving me, Zachary.

I love you too.


Love,
Katie







(Sorry if that was super mushy, but I seriously have the best husband and the best marriage
I could ever have hoped for. And I pinch myself everyday because I got so lucky!)



No comments:

Post a Comment