January Happenings




Let's see. Last weekend, for MLK Day, Zach and I decided to take a little trip back to Houston to spend the long weekend hanging out with my parents and Jordan. I'm soooo glad we only live a few hours away so we can do that fairly often. I never really thought I cared about living close to family, to be honest, but now that I'm experiencing it, I couldn't imagine living out in the middle of nowhere by ourselves! But anyways, we had a great time shopping, going out to dinner, watching movies (umm.. my mom had never seen The Princess Bride. What?!? Don't worry, we fixed that), the boys went golfing, and just generally having a good time together. I think they might all be coming out here to Austin for President's Day weekend next month too, so we're trying to come up with some fun things to do while they're here! Fun stuff!

Zach's dad also had his big 60th birthday a few weeks ago and we had fun FaceTiming with him and his mom and wishing him a happy birthday. We wish we could have been there for that! Maybe someday we'll get to live closer to the Athans side of the family too! 

Zach's been super busy at work lately. If you haven't heard, Hewlett-Packard will be splitting into two separate companies at the end of this year, which makes everything just a bit more stressful for Zach, who works in the Human Resources department at HP. He's been having a lot of early mornings and later nights at the office, which makes me a little sad, but at least he loves what he's doing and he seems to be doing well. His bosses all love him. But who wouldn't love Zach? We're not sure where this company split will leave us at this point. We should know where we'll be by the summer for sure. We're hoping we won't have to make too big of a move, if at all! Not when we're just starting to feel like Austin is our home! 

Speaking of Austin, it's been really rainy and cold here (for Texas at least) so it's been hard to want to leave the house and do lots of things. Darn winter. January really is the Monday of the year. But I'm really looking forward to going to Florida with my parents next month for my niece, Emily's baptism! Unfortunately, Zach won't be able to come with us due to work, but I'm honestly excited for a little road trip with just me and my parents and to feel like a little kid again. For a few years, it was just my parents and me at home and we got really close. I can easily say that my parents are some of my best friends in the whole world and I love being with them. 

So I guess that's what's been happening lately in the lives of Zach and Katie! I really want to turn this blog more into a journal, with not only posts about the big moments in our lives, but the little things too. Our thoughts, our struggles, our daily to-do's. I guess I just want to be able to look back and see how much things have changed, or not changed. I hope that's okay with all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment